St. Botolph's Guild (1908-approximately 1913)
- Existence: 1908
The first meeting of the St. Botolph’s Guild was held on September 20, 1908. The primary objective of the Guild was to raise funds for the expansion of Boston College, so that the physical campus would match the standard of the educational, ethical, and moral integrity of the college and its educators. Membership was open to both men and women who were interested in the mission of raising finances for Boston College, accompanied with an application and an annual fee. In addition to annual and lifetime membership fees, fundraising events were held to raise money for the college, such as a ball held in Copley Hall in 1909.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
The Thomas Ignatius Gasson, SJ President's Office records contain correspondence, construction records, clippings, personal items, and St. Boltoph's Guild records documenting Gasson's administration as the thirteenth president of Boston College. Materials primarily document Boston College’s move to the Chestnut Hill campus from the South End in 1913.
Collection is open for research; portions are also available digitally.