St. Elizabeth's Hospital (Boston, Mass.). School of Nursing
St. Elizabeth's Hospital School of Nursing was established in 1895, at the request of the hospital physicians for an onsite training school, in Boston’s South End neighborhood. Moving to Brighton in 1912, it expanded to include several substantial new additions to the campus between 1925 and 1986. The School was accredited by the Massachusetts State Board of Registration in Nursing in 1910. Clinical residency was offered in St. Elizabeth's Hospital, but by 1985 also at Bournewood Hospital, Franciscan Children's Hospital and Rehabilitation Center, Newton-Wellesley Hospital, St. John of God Hospital, and through collaboration with Boston-area community healthcare providers. St. Elizabeth's began to host Boston College graduate nursing students completing their clinical practice in 1960. In 1977 the School of Nursing established a partnership with Regis College that allowed St. Elizabeth's nursing students to simultaneously earn credits towards a bachelor’s degree. The school graduated its last class in May of 2000.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
St. Elizabeth's Hospital School of Nursing collection
The St. Elizabeth’s Hospital School of Nursing collection documents the student life, academic structure, and major administrative initiatives of the school across its history, with a particular focus on the years between 1980-2000. It comprises institutional and alumni association records, artifacts, ephemera, photographs and videos, printed materials, student records, and textiles.