Martin P. Harney, SJ papers
- 1896 - 1976
Scope and Contents
Composed of personal and professional correspondence, manuscripts, diaries, books, journals, lectures, sermons, newspaper clippings, programs, pamphlets, travelogues, pictures, postcards, photographs, slides and film strips. Most of the material is related to Catholic history and rites, and the culture and history of Ireland.
Restrictions on access
Collection is closed until processed.
Restrictions on use
These materials are made available for use in research, teaching and private study, pursuant to U.S. Copyright Law. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used for academic research or otherwise should be fully credited with the source. The original authors may retain copyright to the materials.
A Jesuit, historian, and author, Martin P. Harney entered the Society of Jesus in 1916 and was ordained a priest in 1929. He taught European and Irish history at Boston College for 48 years. Harney was a prodigious writer and lecturer, an active member in various Irish-American organizations and the recipient of both the Eire Society and St. Brendan Society Gold Medal Awards.
27 Linear Feet (35 containers)
Language of Materials
The majority of the collection was acquired prior to 1986. Because the current accessioning system was not used until January 1986, it is not possible to know exactly the dates of acquisition of materials received before that time. Other materials transferred from the Office of the University Historian in 1993 and received from Elizabeth O'Doherty in 1988.
- O'Doherty, Elizabeth (Person)
- Boston College. Office of the University Historian (Organization)
- Martin P. Harney, SJ Papers
- Unprocessed Cataloged
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Object: BC.1988.026 (Mixed Materials)
- Object: BC.1993.041 (Mixed Materials)
- Object: BC2005-113-2 (Mixed Materials)
- Object: BC2005-113-8 (Mixed Materials)
- Object: BC2005-113-7 (Mixed Materials)
- Object: BC2005-113-9 (Mixed Materials)
- Object: BC2005-113-4 (Mixed Materials)
- Object: BC2005-113-1 (Mixed Materials)
- Object: BC2005-113-6 (Mixed Materials)
- Object: BC2005-113-5 (Mixed Materials)
- Object: BC2005-113-3 (Mixed Materials)
Part of the John J. Burns Library Repository
John J. Burns Library
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill MA 02467 United States